If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. That has been my motto the last four months and the reason behind the lack of blog posts. Many of you know what happend and for those of you who don't, I'll be brief and deny you the detail you may or may not want to hear. About six days before we were to leave Utah and move to the Pacific Northwest, we were informed there was a "situation" with Jeff's job. At first we tried to work things out nicely, then not so nicely, and then realized it was not a good situation for us to pursue any further. So, ultimately we have been homeless and jobless since August 31st. We moved in with my parents for about 6 weeks and now we are about 30 minutes away from family renting the house of a distance relative while she spends with winter in Arizona (to which we have been very grateful). We have spent the last six weeks of our energy and efforts in other areas. We have hired a practice management company to help us start our own business and we are hopeful (I use that word LOOSELY) that Jeff will be able to start work in Jan. While nothing is 100% (and sometimes even when it seem that way) we hope to stay in the Northwest to be close to family.
Many of you know that a few days after the devasting job news, we had a birthmom contact us and tell us she was very interested in us. We continued a relationship with her and were the only couple she was communicating with, but a couple weeks ago she informed us of other arrangements being made. Did I mention it was a little girl? We are also a bit sad about this news.
So, as you can see, so much and nothing at all has happend to our little family since August.
Thank you for all your support and prayers. We are hopeful things will turn around soon, that Jeff can start working, and that we can begin a new chapter soon.
As soon as things are more certain, I will update our blog. We don't have internet and it is very difficult for me to check my email or blog right now.
Love,
Alison and Boys
Thursday, December 2, 2010
My Mother Always Taught Me...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Love you! Sorry this has been such a hard time. It will all be OK in the end - maybe not the way you planned (it never is) but OK.
I was wondering why there were no blog posts! Thanks for updating. I hope everything works out for your family and will keep you in our prayers.
Oh, Alison, I'm sorry it's been so rough lately. That must have been very hard for you both. I'll be praying that you can get a job and therefore a place to settle down really soon! Best wishes, and Happy Holidays! Love you!
Aw man, Alison. I'm so sorry. Kiss the little ones for me and keep on keeping on. Love you.
Oh wow Allison, I've been thinking about you often and wondering what has been happening in your life. It sounds like a lot of stress and worry. Sure hope that you will be able to get things going with the business in January. Now I am officially really worried and stressed about the job hunt now too.
Wow Alison! My heart just went out to you reading this! When it rains it pours - but it can only get better from here and if there is anything that we have learned this past year is that God has a plan for us and even when it all looks so crazy he will come through. I think it's so great that you and Jeff are looking into starting your own business.
Wow Alison! My heart just went out to you reading this! When it rains it pours - but it can only get better from here and if there is anything that we have learned this past year is that God has a plan for us and even when it all looks so crazy he will come through. I think it's so great that you and Jeff are looking into starting your own business.
Post a Comment