Our Family

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

So Much to Share...

It's been a bit crazy-busy around here. Jack has almost recovered from all the excitement and lack of sleep. This is a two month picture of Drew. Some have thought he looked like Jeff but after seeing baby pictures of the both of us, he is MY mini-me. I still have to scan my pictures but when I do, I will put them up. It is scary. Poor kid.
This is Uncle Jacob and Drew (Jeff's youngest brother).

Drew and Aunt Lacey. Jeff's family was able to visit Utah for 10 days. The boys (aka: Jack) had so much fun playing with their aunts, uncles, grandma & grandpa.


Jack LOVED the hot tub with Uncle Jacob, Aunt Lacey and Aunt Becca.



Jack also decided a couple weeks ago to make his Picasso debut on the wall when he found a pencil. Now he looks at the wall and says, "No-no. No color on wall." Yep, that is right, buddy :)


We had a fun time with Jeff's family at the Tulip Festival. It was beautiful! 55 acres of flowers. Jack's favorite part was driving the golf cart with Daddy.





More from the tulip festival. A great picture that Jacob took.



We had lots of family in town for Drew's baby blessing on May 3rd. He wore my brother's blessing outfit (can I say 26 years vintage). Jeff did a beautiful job!! It was a wonderful day. We had a great family dinner afterwards :) Thanks for every one's help!


Aunt Anne was able to come, too! Thanks for all your help on Saturday!! I couldn't have done it without you.


My mom and dad came too. Dad only got to stay a couple days.


A favorite picture of the boys I took a couple days ago. Jack had his 2 year check up. Still HUGE and in the 90th percentile (with a huge head off the charts) He was 35 inches tall and was 31.5 pounds. Dr. Memmott once again said he thought he would be very tall. Drew was in the 85th percentile for weight but he has a teeny-tiny head (only 20th percentile) that he gets from me. Drew was 23. 5 inches long and 12 pounds 15 ounces. Seriously, Jack and my head are EXACTLY the same size right now. His bike helmet is BIG on me :)

My mom's friend Kaylynn sent this outfit for Drew and I think it is so cute. You can see that he is getting chubby!! It has matching shoes but Drew's feet are still too little.

Yesterday it was 80 degrees outside so I let Jack put on his swimsuit and I gave him a bucket of water, a cup and a rag and he played and played on the balcony "cleaning" for me.


He was a big helper! He has been talking SOOOO much. This morning after I laid Drew down, I walked to the living room and he had a book and was sitting on the couch and said, "Sit down, Momma. Sit down." It was sooo cute. I couldn't resist!! We read books for 45 minutes.

Jack loves, "choo-choos." He is sporting his Train Hat. He has also figured out the right way to use, "Another one" in any situation. Another car on the road, another brownie after lunch, another book. It is so great! Also, today I thought, "We are going to start learning to count." So I said, "Jack, can you count?" And he said, "One, two, three!" I was like, "Okay, I guess he knows how to count. How about four, five." He totally got it! It has been fun to hear him count to five now! But his favorite number is 2. I wonder why?!?
I'll post more pictures of our fun events when I get a few more minutes :)

2 comments:

shelly said...

Isn't Jack about 2 yrs. old? That's why it's his favorite number. My favorite number is 25 for the same reason =) I love Drew's blessing outfit. Boys are hard to dress for that, in my opinion. Tate was supposed to wear Eric's blessing sweater, given him by sweet Sister Lindsay, but we didn't try it on until the night before and guess who was too fat for it! Argh. So, he wore a pants and blazer combo I already had in the closet from Target b/c it was so cheap. Anyway, I was happy a blessing isn't like a baptism where they technically have to wear white. Drew looks nice and plump, too. It's nice to see that you still get Jack time even with Drew. I'm concerned about how to still give Tate attention when a new baby requires sooo much!

::Kayla:: said...

So cute!!! My brother loves trains and hes 26! haha