Our Family

Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Substitute

Monday night I got hit hard with another sinus infection. It was bad. I spent two days saying, "No, its just a cold, really...okay, I want to die. My face hurts so bad." So, Jeff called in some meds for me (that is another story). But, in the mean time, two days of "Mommy doesn't feel good. She is sick." got me no where. Today I am looking around going, "What happened to this place." It was like a tornado hit while I was on the couch. Today, I am trying to pick up the pieces and find the floor, and maybe do some dishes and laundry. Don't you wish there was a Mom Substitute Hotline? You could call and say, "Hi, this is Alison. I feel terrible today. Could you please send Linda over? She did a great job last time and my kids loved her. Oh, she was already requested for another house today. Well, how about Joan. I like her, too. Yes, 7:30 am, please. That's when my kids get up." I know, I know. I'm dreaming... (but I promise to leave good lesson plans!).

3 comments:

Chris said...

Hey there, sorry you had to go through that! I'll be your substitute! Just give me a call!

shelly said...

That's hilarious. It would be a dream come true. That's why you need to live next door to your mother =)

The Nielsen Family said...

That would be incredible!! Let's start a business!