Verily I say unto you my friends, fear not, let your
hearts be comforted; yea, rejoice evermore, and in everything give thanks;
Waiting patiently on the Lord, for your prayers have entered into the ears of
the Lord...and are recorded with this seal and testament--the Lord hath sworn
and decreed that they shall be granted. Therefore, he giveth this promise unto
you, with an immutable covenant that they shall be fulfilled; and all things
wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good, and to my
name's glory, saith the Lord.
Doctrine & Covenants 98:1-3
This story really starts two and a half years ago (actually longer than that!). When Drew was one, we knew we were ready to put our adoption papers back up. It really wasn't a question. And it became VERY clear to me that a little girl would be coming to join our family. Our caseworker in Utah made it clear that we just weren't what people were looking for. We already had two kids and one was biological. But, I just knew. A few weeks later, we were contacted by a birthmother. We talked with her for five months and thought that this was our little girl (yes, she was having a girl). But as she got closer to her due date, she decided it was best for her to parent. Then we waited. And waited. Almost a year ago, we got chosen again...actually three times in a matter of a week (yes, it was really crazy and yes, they were all girls!). We were actually gearing up for the thought of having two at the same time. We figured at least ONE would work out, right? Wrong. The last one was especially painful for us and we were completely emotionally drained. Our annual homestudy was coming due in July and we were wavering about a decision. We weren't sure we were ready to continue and thought it was maybe time for a break or that our family was complete. We prayed and prayed. I actually prayed saying our decision was that we would no longer pursue adoption. That was not the answer. It was very clear that we need to keep going and that it wasn't about us. And so, we updated our homestudy. We got our fingerprinting and background checks, had home visits, and let the fire marshall check our house inside and out. And then it happened. At the end of July our caseworker called and said, "Don't get excited...but I think a birthmom is interested in you." So we didn't get excited and we just waited. We didn't tell anyone. There wasn't anything to tell. Then in the middle of August we got an email. We got excited but decided it was best to keep it ourselves. In September we met our beautiful birthmom. She was an answer to prayer! We met with her and her mom for the first time in a Spaghetti Factory and we had a very nice lunch. I think we were all a little nervous. And just a few weeks later...
Avonlea Sariah was born on October 16th at 6:55 pm. We had the privilege of being in the room while little Avy was born. It is such a blessing to say that I was in the room when ALL of my children came into this world. It was such a gift that both our children's birthmothers gave to me. Something I will always be grateful for. Something they so easily did not have to share with me and I would have never thought twice. But it was truly a gift.
Her name has such meaning to us. We chose the name Avonlea and she chose the name Sariah. We have enjoyed getting to know her and her family and are thankful for open adoption! Avonlea has so many family members who love her and want the best for her!
We have felt the power of heaven during the last two weeks. Thank you for your love, prayers, and fasting. Legally, things are still being worked out. We have faith that it will all work out. The spirit has been so strong surrounding this beautiful little daughter of God.
We just want to say another special thank you to her birth family for all their love and support! We love you!
She is a miracle!
We are all in love with her!
12 comments:
oh.my.gosh!
I want to cry...
We had a special fast for you and your sweet family, and it's amazing to witness such a wonderful MIRACLE! We commend you in your patience and faith, and we are grateful for the birth mom and her willingness to use the beautiful gift of adoption. We are soooo happy for you! Keep posting pictures! We love your family! ~Lindsey James
This makes me so happy! congrats!
Congratulations!!! It is so much fun having a little girl. I hope everything continues to work out for you without hiccups. Good luck - being a mom of 3 is SO DIFFERENT. But the best thing in the world.
OH my goodness, what a fabulous surprise to see when I just checked blogs! I am so very happy for you and your family. She is an absolute doll and I love the name. You are going to have so much fun with all that newborn hair =) Not only another baby, but a girl! Happy day and enjoy all the newborn time that you know flies by!! Congratulations!
She is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!!!! We are so happy for you guys. I bet your boys are just in love!!!
Congratulations you guys!! We are so happy for you and she is absolutely beautiful!
OH! Congratulations! She is beautiful! More pictures would be great!
This post had me in tears, I am so happy for you guys!! She is just the cutest and I am so glad she gets to be in your family!! You will love having a little girl, they are so much fun :)
I love the name! So cute! So happy for your darling family I can't even tell you.The girl caboose is so much fun, what a lucky little baby to have two big, awesome brothers to play with. Congrats!!
I love the name! So cute! So happy for your darling family I can't even tell you.The girl caboose is so much fun, what a lucky little baby to have two big, awesome brothers to play with. Congrats!!
Congratulations to your family! What a sweet story!
I was so excited to get your announcement in the mail! Wahoo! Congratulations! ~Holly
Post a Comment