First, yesterday was Jack's 4th birthday!! I can't believe he is four. Some days if feels like yesterday he was born. Around this time, especially, our thought are so much with his birthmother. We spend a lot of time talking to him about his birth. He really is our "first" miracle. We have been so blessed to have him in our lives. He has brought so much joy not only to us, but those around him. He is very special. There is so much I could say, but the feeling are very tender and some private. So, I'll move on. He wanted a monster truck party. It felt like we were party-ing ALL day. He woke up to a new Hot Wheels Motorcycle Trike and opened presents from Grammie and Poppa. Then we went to Drew doc appt. He is getting bigger! Then we went to McDonalds for lunch. I dropped Drew off at a friends house so he could nap while I went to Jack's preschool (only his three week) and took brownies to his class. I think he really liked it. Then we took his best little buddy to Chuck E Cheese, which was a little out of the way. The closest one is about 35 miles (we live in a city with 1 million people and have to drive all over it for everything!!!), but we had promised before we even moved here. It was both of their first time and I think they both loved it.
He was really excited about the monster truck cake...long story!!!
Pizza and pop! Yummy!!
Playing the games...actually this one was a monster truck-perfect!
Treats at school! One funny story. The boys were HILARIOUS talking to each other in the car. His friend kept calling me "Sister Carlson" as that is how we address members of our church. On the way home Jack asked his friend his "whole" name and he told him. Then he asked if he knew Jack's whole name. He did. Then he asked him Drew's whole name. He said it. Then he said, do you know my mom's whole name? There was a slight pause so Jack said, "You can just call her Mommy (insert our last name here)." It was so cute! Let's just say my heart sang a little.
Here are some pictures of the boys playing outside. When there isn't a monsoon, the weather has been pretty nice.

I love this picture!! 


We see this face a lot.
Jack saved a worm that was in our garage after one monsoon.
Our house (for now). We really like it.
Drew has this face on a lot lately. I think its going to stay around for the 2nd year. He scrunches up his nose and eye brows.
My mom got Jack this cute outfit while we were in Portland and this was the first time he wore it. He put the hat on, ran to the mirror, and then yelled, "Mom, I think I need a mystery to solve!" I cracked up laughing. Then he came down the stairs and said, "Mom, go get your camera, you need a picture of me in this." So, he posed (JUST LIKE THIS) and I took his picture.
Here are some pictures from Drew's 2nd birthday. I can't believe my "baby" is 2!! This was at my parents house and really hard because it was our last "party" together.
Drew had an Elmo party.


Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Birthday and everything in between!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What a fun little party Mommy Carlson. Also your house looks super cute AND I must say your weather looks about 100% better than ours!
Woah, 4 seems very grown up! I love that posing picture in his detective hat. How does he even know about solving mysteries?? Crazy kids.
What an awesome post! I'm so sorry I missed Jack's birthday!! You take the best pictures. I've been sitting here laughing out loud. Jack is looking like such a little boy - no more toddler at all! They are both so cute. Now you need to put some pictures of you and Jeff!
Happy Birthday guys! Oh, we miss you.
Yey. Your boys are so cute. Jack is just stunning. And Drew is adorable and totally looks like you.
Congrats on the new job in Ohio. You're a bit closer to us now (believe me we know the feeling of living AWAY from everyone). :) Come visit Boston, it's GREAT! We'll take ya for however long you want to stay!
Post a Comment