So, I know people are wondering, "Where have I been?" when my brother calls to make sure I haven't died because it has been 12 days and the blog hasn't been updated. Here is the answer: First, my SIL (sis-in-law) Charise came for a week so company always keeps me off the computer, but the real reason has been the lack of a computer. That's right. Our not-so-faithful DMU computer gave up the ghost. It started with the video going fuzzy, then the mother board (whatever that is) got finicky as the internet connection came and went randomly, and then one morning last week I turned it on and all I got was BLACK. Apparently, the backlight blew! So, with a fuzzy dark computer screen Jeff got out a flashlight and used it see and save the rest of our valuable items to our external hard-drive. Knowing the computer wouldn't last too much longer we have been faithfully saving every two weeks to the external drive the last six months. Hopefully, we have all of Jack's pictures!
Our friends sold us their one year old HP laptop for $70 (YEAH!!) so I'm back to the only outlet I know as a (mostly single) stay-at-home mom.
On another note: Jack has made it quite impossible to do much else also. He is suffering from SEVERE separation anxiety disorder. Honestly, I can't even look like I am going to put him down and he starts going crazy. Really, if I get more than about 6 inches away you would think the world was ending. It's funny because he will go to other people (for now) but he has to see me every minute. The doc says it will only get worse before it gets better. For now, this 24 1/2 pound, 30 1/4 inches, 8 months old in a week, will be attached to my hip. Not to mention Jack's bout with constipation on top of all that making him EXTRA sensitive (sorry to all you without children for mentioning anything related to BMs). Measurements are from last night at the docs.
I know I always say this ,but Jack is changing so much. I think he even looks different from last week. Here's a video to make up for my absence. It's pretty funny the things he is doing now. He copies just about any noise we make with our mouths. This one I call "Tongue Clicking". He can do a great Donald Duck impression, too-that would be Jeff doing it to him and not me. Just once he has said these words after we say them: Mom, Dad, Bubble, Bath (yes, even the end sounds). Apparently, we make his top four favorite things list. Surely, it is still random.
Friday, December 14, 2007
Where Have I Been?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Glad to see you're back! Well Jack has officially caught up with my 12 month son on height and weight. That kid is a tanker and with his seperation anxiety your back must be KILLING!! You will need some major Chiropractic help!
Funny thing, our crappy DMU computer is starting to act up too! And the way you are describing what happened to yours I think we should start saving up. AWW NUTS!!
Our lovely DMU computer died right after we graduated. Like that next week, but we were still under the "they fix-it" time so we sent it back to them to be fixed. So I am waiting for it do it again, sometime soon. Secretly I hope it happens so that I can get a new one.
Jack, wow what can I say. You are such a chunk, but I love chunky babies so keep it up!!!
I love when they make cute sounds! Glad you're back; we missed ya!
I hope the separation anxiety wears off soon! He better not give Evan and big ideas with that!!! jk. Cute video. I'm impressed with his vocabulary!
Post a Comment