Our Family

Friday, December 21, 2007

Voice Male ROCKS!

A few years ago while we were visiting in Utah for Thanksgiving I bought a Christmas CD called Jingles by Voice Male. At that time I had no idea it would become my favorite Christmas CD. The next year I asked for Jingles 2. Again, I LOVED the music. I have every song memorized and could easily embarrass myself by singing out aloud in the car or house if someone heard me.

About a month ago as we drove past Thanksgiving Point, the Reader Board announced that Voice Male would be doing a Christmas concert. I quickly got online to get tickets but was disappointed when the concert had already sold out.

I checked back again and they had added another concert two days later. This time I got tickets!!! And even better, the tickets were only $10!! Jeff got the evening off from the ER and my friend Chris voluteered to let Jack sleep at her place (Thanks so much!!)

Here comes the worst part. Last night, we were suppose to get our tickets at 6:30 pm and doors opened at 7 pm for the 7:30 show, but at 5 pm it started snowing very heavily. We left at 5:45 pm thinking we should have plenty of time even with the weather, to make the normally 15-20 minute drive without being late.

Two hours later we FINALLY arrived!! Luckily, the concert started 15 minutes late and we only missed the first two songs.

We both agree it was the BEST concert we have ever seen. Both of us laughed s much and so hard that our faces hurt the whole way home. As we left the theater, we decided to started a tradition (at least for the next two years). We will see Voice Male every year!!

If you ever have the chance to get a hold of their CD, get one! And if you ever get to go to a concert, Go! They said that next December they will be coming out with a kid's CD. It's already on my Christmas list for next year :)

6 comments:

The Nielsen Family said...

That is a great thing about UT, UT has so many great local music groups. Mine and Matt's favorite is Jon Schmidt, I am also a huge fan of Peter Breinholt.

Heitmann Family said...

I haven't ever heard of them. But if you say they are great, I'll believe you!! Glad you got to go on another date!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! I cant believe it took you that long to get there, that makes me not want to go back to the snow! Merry Christmas!

Cook Family said...

It is always a sure sign you are LDS and living in Utah when you are kindof a groupy to the local bands. You have no idea how much I miss Peter B concerts at Sundance. I love that you love Voice Male! makes me miss home a little bit!

Becky T said...

How fun! I totally love Voice Male, especially for Christmas songs. So jealous you got to go. That is so awesome and the perfect Christmas tradition!

kdance said...

I'm jealous! I love Voice Male too. You make me really miss Utah!