Our Family

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Baby Update


Well, I just thought I would update everyone on the baby. This might be one of the last pictures of me pregnant (we took it tonight--almost 9 months preggo). This morning I had an appointment with my doctor at 8:30 am. By 8:45 am, I was downstairs in Labor and Delivery. My blood pressure was back up to 160/100 and they were quite surprised to find I was having contractions less than a minute apart. First of all, I have preeclampsia. Second, they figured I probably had an infection, so after some VERY uncomfortable tests, no infections were found. So, I am considered to have preterm labor, too. They don't want to stop the contractions though, because of my blood pressure so they have put me on semi-bed rest (getting up to use the bathroom and shower, VERY minimal activity, and no lifting) for the next week. I have to go in for stress tests 2-3 times a week, but they are hopeful if we do this he will wait to come for at least another week (36 weeks along). At that point the plan is to then lift the bed rest and let him come as he may (or until my blood pressure hits 170--then he won't have a choice, and he has to come meet us). I am thankful it didn't happen today, though (although my dr. threatened if there was ANY sign of stress he was "taking him today!"). Last time we got all the baby stuff ready but I still haven't got anything ready for me to take to the hospital...guess that is next and I might even put it in the car on Friday when I go back, just in case. We might just end up with birthdays in February (Carter), March (Jeff), April (Jack) and May (Alison).

16 comments:

Mark, Holly and Boys said...

Holy cow! I'm sorry for the scare & the bedrest, but if I know you then you're not sad that it probably won't be more than a week before you get to meet Carter (& be done being prego)! Take care of yourself, and let me know if there's anything that we can do for you!

Deidra said...

Good luck! Sounds like your doctor is being nice and cautious. Hope it all goes well.

Anonymous said...

We'll be thinking and praying for you! We're so excited things have gone great this far! We can't wait to see pictures of your new little one! ...and have fun with the NST's. I had to do the same thing with the twins.

M & S Eagar said...

As long as he's healthy, make it on Emma's Birthday (next Wednesday - the 18th). Seriously thought, we'll keep you in our prayers. Stick to the bedrest and get your mom down there! :)

shelly said...

So exciting! Are you so anxious to see what he looks like and how Jack reacts and all that good stuff?! Why don't you all move over here and then I can see all that for myself =) Anyway, I pray that all goes well with the delivery. No cheating on bed rest, you take it super easy!

jessica said...

I'm sending you safe delivery and happy, healthy baby vibes...

Sylwia said...

i'm so sorry about your complications! i've had all of the above. pregnancy really sucks. you are lucky it's almost over! i have 203 day to go! i'm not looking forward to a single day of it...

Ashley said...

Good luck with the last part of your pregnancy. It sounds like you have a lot of things going on. I will be thinking of you and waiting for updates.

Summer said...

I am so excited for you guys! He is almost here!!! I just hope you have someone coming to help you with Jack while you are on bed rest.

Estelle said...

I can't believe how far along you are! I have been meaning to call you and am sorry I haven't. I hope you have some help with Jack this week while you are on bed rest and HOORAY for not having to wait til 40 or even 42 weeks to see your cute baby!!! (PS Scott says Preeclampsia is for weenies, JK)

Bella said...

oh man you look great alison! I hope everything goes well and keep us updated we can't wait to see pics of the new little guy and of course Jack! He's so darn cute!

Charise said...

How come you look so hot? Maybe Carter is in rebellion against coming into such a hot family. Just rub your tummy and say, 'it's okay, carter, even if you're not as cute as the rest of us, we'll still love you, and . . . maybe you'll be funny or something.' After you tell him that, the contractions might go away for a while. Or they will speed up because of his excitement. Who knows? Not even me, even though I am a licensed neonatology psychic. So, anyway, maybe I'll come down for the blessing, too. I have my ticket set for LA in April right now, but I'm not going to school again till Oct. so I might switch it. . . . Is there a space limit on these things? Because I think some people could go way overboard and bla, bla, bla, never shut up - know what I mean?

Becky said...

Wow. . I've been thinking about you the last few days. Then here I finally get around to checking your blog and find out that you are just about a family of 4. Good luck if you go into labor before I get you called.

Becky J. said...

Wow, good luck with the bed rest and everything! I hope that blood pressure stays under control and that little Carter will just come out when it's good and healthy for him to! You're in our thoughts and prayers!

Clark Family said...

How exciting! Good luck with the delivery!

Lyndsie and Daniel said...

I was wondering where you were on Sunday! Good luck with everything. Let me know if you need anything. You guys will be in our thoughts and prayers! Can't wait to see the little guy.