Our Family

Monday, February 2, 2009

New pics

Last Friday Jack and I went with my friend Holly and her adorable boys to the Aquarium. The boys had fun playing on the boat (Jack's favorite thing there).

Then we all went to McDonald's for lunch. This was Jack's FIRST time playing on the toys. He had a ton of fun.

On Saturday night we went on a fun "double date" with our friends Chris and Jared to a BYU basketball game. THANKS, BECCA FOR THE TICKETS!!!! Afterwards we all ate at the YUMMIEST Japanese restaurant called Osaka's (spelling??). I would HIGHLY recommend it! Unfortunately, after the events, I paid for it and have spend the last two days hardly moving from the couch again. I just can't be up that long before my body starts reacting. Just a few more weeks, right?

Adorable picture of Jared and Chris!


Adorable picture of Jeff & one of those "I'm trying to lean in too much" pictures of me-ha ha!


Jack had a great week after his last molar came in but sadly it all ended Sunday when we noticed another tooth starting to come in...oh, this boy has a REALLY hard time with teething.

I rotate Jack's books every week and when I change them he will spend hours the first day looking at them. He gets the basket of books and just spreads them out all around him. He LOVES his books and for someone to read to him.
And one more thing: I have been really disappointed with PG-13 movies lately and Jeff and I have turned off too many, so we have gone for PGs lately. Here are three we really enjoyed but knowing we really liked them I will only tell you the things we didn't.
#1: The City of Ember-I read the book and really liked it. It is a children's novel so you kind of have to let go of your adult mind and not try to fill in the "plot holes." But it is great!
#2: Nim's Island- The film went in a different direction than I originally thought. Once again, don't let your adult mind take over...just enjoy the ride.
#3: Fireproof- Well, we thought this movie was about firefighters but it is actually a Christian movie. It was quite refreshing to see a movie taking about faith in God but just beware, have a box of Kleenex nearby.
Hope you enjoy these good, clean movies! If you have, let me know what you thought!


4 comments:

::Kayla:: said...

haha Arlo the kid i watch loves his books too! its crazy!

Heather said...

It sounds like you guys have been having fun. Parker discovered the slides at McDonalds and asks to go there everyday now. Jason's dad is the one that got him hooked and I am so happy about that one!!!

Charise said...

I just LOVE all the pictures! Jack is such a cuteness. As Frances gets older it makes me miss Jack more and more! Er. . . and you guys, too. :) I've also been picky about movies lately. I used to go to the movies every week, but I've only gone once in the past couple months. Love you guys!

Self Sustaining Life said...

I agree. PG 13 movies are under-rated. We only watch Rs in our house. JK. We also have gotten to the point that we can't just trust that it is PG 13. Well, we need to see you guys again and have Jack, Carter and Frances starting to play together.