Our Family

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Potty Training: Take 1


Yup, you heard it...take one. So, Jack has actually been very interested since his 2nd birthday but I just always figured 2 was 2 young for a boy. Well, one morning he was practically yelling at me from the kitchen table, "Mom, I have to go poop and I don't want a diaper change." So I put him on the toilet and he went. So, I talked to my mom and she said, "He's ready." Off to Walmart we went for all the latest potty training items. He did really well...for 3 days. He only had one accident a day and it was mostly my fault for not taking him soon enough. But on the third day, we got news that we would all be taking a very short, four day, flying trip for business (and not with much notice). I just KNEW I couldn't do that! So, Jack is back in diapers. For now. But not long.

Can I say Tom Cruise in Risky Business...can't you hear the music?

It was bound to happen. He got a blue hi-lighter while he was watching Bob the Builder (and I admit that I was in shower, which I usually get really before they get up) and colored all over himself, my bed, and my books next to the bed. It was actually hilarious and if they are going to get a pen and color, hi-lighter is awesome, I had no idea that it just comes off with water.

1 comment:

Charise said...

Potty training sounds like so much fun. I don't know why you don't want to potty train Jack while on the road - it sounds like an extreme vacation.