Our Family

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

National Adopton Month

I couldn't let this month pass by and not mention it. It was the two year anniversary of Jack being "legally"ours on Nov. 2nd and then sealed to us on Nov. 3rd. I think it is just an extra little something that it happens to be in November (along with National Adoption Month). I think it is also "ironic" that it is the same month as Thanksgiving. I have been blessed immensely with the gift of raising Jack (and Drew). I know for certain that he was meant to be a part of our family. We love him so dearly! I will admit that motherhood (and parenthood) has been a lot more challenging than I thought it was going to be, but it has been the most rewarding way I have ever spent my time. I hope and pray to be a better mother each day. To have a little more patience, spend a little more time just playing, and spend a little more time teaching what is really important.

I just quit my almost two year service on the FSA (Families Supporting Adoption) committee. We don't have long left here and life is taking over, but it was time well spent. I have an overwhelming sympathy and empathy for adoptive parents, birthparents, but especially birthmothers. Jack's birthmother will always hold a special, large, piece of my heart.

I {heart} adoption!

2 comments:

::Kayla:: said...

Aint it awesome!!! i cant wait to be a mom!

Anonymous said...

We all love him so much and are thankful he is a part of our family!

Love, Scott and Estelle