Our Family

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

So much to blog about and not a lot of pictures...


How do you read your morning paper??

Drew is growing up WAY too fast. His poor mouth is bursting with teeth and he is cranky (for him)...he's crawling ALL OVER the place and really irritating Jack by getting into all this things...he can go from crawling to sitting, to crawling, to pulling up in about 2 seconds...and he is still throwing up WAY too much! But we love him and it is hard to remember life with out him.

Jeff had a second interview with a hospital and they flew all of us out for four days. We had a great time and were able to see lots of family. My grandpa had fallen sleep and Jack took his new stetescope and put it on him and said, "He's sick!"

Jack LOVED the air plane ride but I had downloaded some cartoons onto Jeff's IPOD and he was starting to kick the lady in front of him, so I gave it to him. It was a HIT!

Drew did really well, too!

Jack read the entire emergency manual...it was dang funny!

Now that Drew is mobile, things are all over the place!! They boys are ganging up on me :)

When Drew started some new medicine to help him stop throwing up...he had a bad reaction. The picture doesn't do it justice. He looked like he had been sunburned for a week in Hawaii. Can you even see how burnt-looking his forehead is? Needless to say, he isn't on the medication anymore and it still throwing up...argh! I know I am missing a lot more that happened in the last 10 days but I'm still trying to catch up myself! Here is a bit more info:
This is one of the last "happy" pictures before the dreaded H1N1 took over at our house. Yes, we had Swine for Thanksgiving...and I don't mean ham. It was like being at a TB ward here. I was sick (with a RAGING infection and 103 fever), Drew was VERY sick with H1N1, ,but luckily didn't have to be hospitalized, Jack got it, my dad was sick, and Jeff even said he had a "little tickle" but nothing ever came of it (AMAZINGLY!). A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!! My good friend brought us dinner (thank you, thank you), my SIL watched the boys while I had the high fever in bed, and my other SIL came up from college and did all the Thanksgiving Day grocery shopping!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! You all were my earthly angels!!

3 comments:

M & S Eagar said...

sheesh...glad to hear you all survived! I'm so glad you had family nearby to help.

and I should have remembered to tell you that he would probably love the plane instructions. i swear it's a toddler thing! :)

Jason and Becky said...

Your boys are darling. That swine flu is awful. It swarmed over our house in October (not my favorite month). Glad you guys survived. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Anonymous said...

What's up with being sick during the holidays??? We were sick too. Frances threw up in her bed around Thanksgiving, had a temp and a constant runny nose, I was too nauseated to move last Sunday, and then last night after Scott's work party at our house she threw up all over me. Yuck!! I hope you are all feeling better soon, and hopefully you won't have to worry about it during Christmas time. Let us know any updates with Jeff's interviews. -estelle