Even without pictures up yet, I MUST post this news...JACK TOOK HIS FIRST STEPS TODAY!!!!!! Gosh, after two trips to the Primary Children's Hospital and both doctors telling us to just "leave him alone" and he will do it, Jack has finally decided he wanted to walk. He has been crawling since he was 9 month old and he is just 5 days shy of being 17 months old. We have been at my parents and it was sooo fun for them to be able to witness it,too. My dad grabbed the video camera and we were all there cheering him on (it sounded like we were watching a BYU game). He started with two steps and by the end was going 8-10 steps. If it will be anything ike when he learned to crawl (army crawl for one day then cruising as fast as he could the next) then I think he will be running by the end of the week. Well, my prayers have been answered. I wasn't sure how much longer I could carry my 30 pound, 34 inches tall, 17 month old. Hallelujah! Hallelujah!!
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Hooooray! That is so exciting! I'm even ready for Sam to walk because carrying him is getting so straining, so I can imagine the joy you felt! Can't wait to see some pics! Way to go Jack!
Wahoo! Yeah!...for many reasons, but also it'll be good for Jack to enjoy some new independence before #2 comes along (and before your back breaks!). Fun that your family could be part of it too...maybe he was just holding out for an entire cheering section? :)
Yipee! I didn't know you were still lugging the big guy around. Tate shows little interest in walking and he's large. Now I'm worried =) I'm happy for Jack, though!
Yeah!!! That is so great!!! I can't wait to see the pictures or the video of it.
Yay! I'm happy he's walking for you now. Now you will have to re- baby proof your house! That's great Alison!
Yay, Jack! Way to go! That's awesome news.
Hope the Round-Up was fun!
Yeah! I am so happy for you! Go Jack!!!!
Yeah for Jack!!! and Yeah for your back:)
Congratulations! I remember the pressure of getting my girly to walk and how many comments I got from other people. They just figure stuff out and do them when they're ready! What a big boy!
Oh delight, thy name is Jack! Now that Jack can walk, he will wear out more socks. Socks and shoes - to ready him for the terrible two's. Oh walking video, where art thou?! My delight has walketh away from me!
Charise
Post a Comment