Our Family

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

National Thank You Day...

Today is National Thank You Day and if you are reading this blog, thank you for your love and support. I truly have the best family and friends that a girl could ask for. I just wanted to say an "extra" thank you to my kind friends who have watched Jack every week for the last 8 weeks while I went to my doctor appointments (which aren't short). Today was another Terrific Tuesday. The doctor measured my tummy and it is HUGE, no really. My uterus (and baby) are WAY bigger than the week I am on. She even asked me if I had had an another ultrasound to see if it was twins. I assured her that it wasn't. The baby still has a fast heart beat, too. The only bad thing was that we are back to the "kidney stone" issue. Yes, more blood in the urine test. Lovely. And another thing...maybe I shouldn't tell, but...I told her I was excited to find out the gender (I KNOW, I KNOW, I Didn't want to find out...but now I can't stand NOT knowing!!!!) so she told me she would take me back to the ultrasound machine for a quick peek (have I got you reading intently now) but that everytime she did it at 15 weeks she was 100% wrong! So, I guess we will all have to wait until October 10th at 10:00 am (yes, that is 10-10-08 @ 10am must be luckly, right???). Also, I have to thank Jack for actually trying to walk again. Today he is really showing interest. Another yeah!

4 comments:

Lisa F said...

Alison - it's Lisa (Preston) from Pendleton. I just found your blog. Your family is SO cute!!!!! Congrats on the pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

I just love you blog. You give me hope

Becky said...

Oh my goodness I haven't checked your blog for a couple of days and I have missed a ton. That is soo fun that you took a trip to Oregeon. And Jack walking. . . so fun. I'm glad that everything is going good with the pregnancy (except the kidney stones of course), but as far as the baby goes that is awesome. It sounds like he or she will maybe even make an early entrance if you are messuring so far ahead. We need to get together so I can see that cute belly in real life.

Mark, Holly and Boys said...

Wahoo! I'm so glad that you caved in and decided to find out the sex of your baby! I know you well enough to know that you won't regret it, you little planner :) You'll have so much fun with narrowing down names (if it's a boy...I know you've got your girl name) and with all the things that you can get ready for him/her before the birth! I found it particularly helpful for my mental state to be "able" to busy myself with washing little BOY clothes, decorate a little BOY room, etc. when I was almost 9 months along and really ready to be done :) Now, may your little one cooperate (not be modest) for your ultrasound on the 10th!!!