Apparently, we are telling what we decided to name our son (we wanted to be 100% before sharing & I guess Jeff is now even though I am still only 99%) so here goes...CARTER. Carter Michael. We both LOVE the name but it wasn't even on our list because we don't like it with Carlson (if you remember we were looking for names that DON'T have the "Ka" sound at the beginning or "son" at the end). We had actually talked about the name Carter years ago when we first started "trying" but neither of us mentioned it this time because we used to make fun of the sound of it, like Carson Carlson (at least we didn't go that bad, even though we love Carson, too). I have tried to convince Jeff we should just use my last name or come up with a better one all together for our children (like Jones, nothing sounds bad with it)...hum, I fill out the birth certificate, right? But we figure if he really hates it, we gave him Michael as a nice back-up middle name to use that doesn't sound "corny" with Carlson. Seriously, who knew so many names sounded bad with Carlson? Some of Jeff's cousins are having a boy and also having a hard time finding a name they like that doesn't have those sounds, too. Gosh, now as I am typing this I am having MAJOR second thoughts again...Do we pick another name that we don't like as well but that sounds better with Carlson?
Do you have a hard last name that nothing you like sounds good with??
Monday, December 15, 2008
THE NAME...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I happen to think Carter Carlson sounds GREAT, really I do. I think it rings quite nicely and I love the middle name of Michael. So, I don't think you should be having second thoughts. :) I love it!
That's cute. Names can be so stressful--so much power in your hands! But I suppose all the parenting that comes later is actually more power than the name. Anyway, we may have to steal Carson, that's cute, too!
The only thing we can't use is names that end with "sen" or "son". So no Carson for us either, even though I also really like it (though for a girl.) I love the name Carter and we've discussed it for if we ever have a boy, too! It is kind of a mouthful with Carlson for the last name, but it'll still be cute.
Carter Carlson sounds like an all-american football or baseball player. Like an all around great guy who eats blueberry pie on the 4th of July. What could be better than that?
boy names are hard! I am very happy with our little mans name though. We decided like 5 minutes before the birth certificate lady left from the hospital.
Basically Becky sums up my exact feelings word for word! I love Carter Michael Carlson - ADORABLE!
I like the name that you guys have picked. I think that it sounds great with Carlson anyway. We have one of those really hard last names. Black! I like the name Hunter, but that just doesn't work because then on every roll our child would be Black, Hunter.(bad news! So that is why we have Black, Kimball (the child with 2 last names) and Black, Hazel (yes we are aware that our child has 2 colors for names) We have the same dilema about names as you have. We just keep saying we cannot have anymore kids because we wouldn't be able to find another name.
I think it sounds good. Carson would be harder though. I now have a last name that is hard to match with names as well. It is "Albert" so we try to avoid the 2 first names business and also, it is just a wierd last name. However, I have heard MUCH worse. Good Luck! I never know how hard naming would be either.
Mandi (Sharp) Albert
Post a Comment