Our Family

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Mother Moments

Had I posted these pictures about an hour ago, it would have read something like, "Motherhood is so wonderful. Every moment is bliss, etc., etc., etc." But about an hour ago I realized one of my favorite flip-flops was missing and I knew the culprit. As I was frantically searching the house, (praying he hadn't put it in the garbage can last night (that is where I found it last week) since we took the garbage out this morning and the garbage man came soon after), I suddenly heard a THUD, SHATTER from across the kitchen into the living room!!! Jack had reach all the way across one of our tables and had managed to get a hold of a lamp and pulled it off (his attempts lately have been meet with, "No-no and Don't Touch"). The light bulb shattered on impact with the floor. I picked him up and promptly put him in his crib without Linus and started cleaning the glass mess. So instead of a mushy Mother Moment, tonight it should read: Good thing every once in a while Mothers get a nano-second of PURE JOY...like a slobbery kiss from a 1 year old...it makes it all worth while...even when they throw away a favorite flip-flop.
Aunt Anne came to visit and she let Jack pull everything out of her purse. His top priority was finding sunglasses. He pulled them out and put the right on.
Life's a Beach!
Enjoying ice cream but it didn't agree with him...
Playing with big toes.
Lovin' being with the ladies... 5...4...3...2...1...
Shopping is hard work...
Sleep Tight!


4 comments:

Becky J. said...

Oh, you gotta love those moments of bliss when everything's right, cuz it's true, they don't always last long. And I'm sure that in 20years our heads will remember the hard along with the good, but our hearts will only remember the good. At least I hope so!

Ashley said...

That is pretty crazy, I know how it is and Alli is still army crawling, they can get into trouble within 2 seconds if you aren't watching them. I have to make sure that she doesn't put things in her mouth.....

kdance said...

How do they do these things so quickly? Man, I am not excited for the terrible twos! How cute that Jack says, "Amen." I really need to get on teaching Evan that...

Cook Family said...

I think kiddos are made to make you love them. One minute you are ready to scream, then the next you are laughing at how cute they are. being a mommy is great. By the way thanks for going to the park with us when we were in Utah.