Okay, I saw this on my friends blog and went, "Oh, my gosh that is sooooo me." If you know me AT ALL, you know that I hate camping (with a passion). I went the first year to girls camp (hated it), decided to take my BFF the next year (hated it) and never went back. I still thank my mother for not forcing me to go (secretly she hated girls camp, too). I am quoted for say, "The closest I get to camping is a Motel 6." About a month ago the Bishop took me into his office and asked me to be a Cub Scout Leader. All I said back was (and I quote), "Do I have to camp?" He said maybe just for a day. I asked if it was over night and he said no. I said yes.
One of my favorite things on his earth is my bed. Especially with clean sheets (every Thursday night). I like to turn on my electric blanket on high about 20-30 minutes before I go to bed...ahh, my feet thaw out (yes, even if it is Summer)....and I drift off to dream world.
While I have your attention, here are a few others things I have been thinking about lately:
1. Why don't babies have necks? When do they get necks? When do babies' toenails grow?
2. What does the Lord have in store for me this year? Do I really need to make a new years resolution? What should it be?
3. Should I ever get my Master's Degree? Do I really want to? Yes! No! Yes! No!
4. At first I LOVED and ADORED that Jack's first word was Mama. Now I feel HORRIBLE when I lay him down for a nap and he starts crying, "Mama, Mama, MaaaaMaaaaa!!!" I feel like the worst mother ever. Should I feel so bad??
Pretty sad that these are my inner thoughts that don't get out much. But, there you have it. Is there anyone who loves being cold in a sleeping bag, a pine cone in the worst place under your head, and peeing in the dark-IN THE WOODS ALONE?!?
Friday, January 18, 2008
Me...Me...Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No, don't get your masters. I'm not anyway. :) And I don't especially enjoy camping either, so it's okay for some people to hate it. In fact, if you said that you loved it I'd really have to wonder if I know you at all after all!
It was so fun to see you last night and we'll have to get together again soon, in Provo! We'll find something fun to do down here and lure you away from Salt Lake. :)
I will the nay-sayer and admit that I LOVE to camp! Honestly, it was my husband and I's first date. :-p
I may not have all the same head thoughts, but it sure is nice to see that everyone does! Kudos to you for admitting yours!
Post a Comment