20 Years ago: I was in first grade, my family had moved from California to Pendleton, Oregon for the year while my dad changed careers (Was: Accountant, going back to school to be a Chiropractor) we were living with my Grandparents for the year. Great memories of snakes, walking home in the mud, and living in grandparents HUGE house.
10 Years Ago: Oh, do I dare say, I am a Senior is High School. I had just been accepted (thankfully, it was the only place I applied) to Ricks College (AKA: BYU-Idaho) and was sooooo ready to go to college!
5 Years Ago: Jeff and I had almost been married a year. I finished my student teaching this month and we moved to Pendleton for the summer to LIVE and work at my grandparent's funeral home. Jeff had already been accepted to medical school at Des Moines University. I was saving up money to buy my first washer and dryer (Still thankful for them everyday).
3 Years Ago: We were just starting the adoption process for the first time. We were living in Des Moines, Iowa in the Summerwood Apartments. It was a bitter-sweet time in our lives. We really miss our friends and the city.
1 Year Ago: We were back living in Des Moines after going all over with Jeff's Medical Rotations. We had been chosen to be parents and were waiting for Jack to be born. I was substitute teaching and was soooo excited to be a mom. We were so nervous and anxious about the next month. We were anxious to hear where we would be moving for Residency.
So Far This Year: Been waaaaay too sick. Stomach flu & respiratory flu, sinus infection & bronchitis. Starting "power-walking" at the mall with a friend. Joined FSA as a committee board member, Serve as a cub-scout leader (YES!!), and serve on Enrichment.
Yesterday: What did I do yesterday? Oh, I had a GREAT dinner date with my hubby. We ate at Cheesecake Factory (thanks, mom) and Jeff let me eat 4 out of the 6 Avocado Egg Rolls!! Jack was still sick and made it day #9 of not leaving the house.
Today: I'M LEAVING THE HOUSE!!! I am planning Jack's FIRST birthday party and just really need to get out of here. I got ready, ate Cheerios (and leftovers from last night for lunch). Jack took a HUGE long nap and I got lots done around the house.
Tomorrow: Wahoo! It's Saturday! I am going to spend time with my boys!
This Year: Survive residency with a positive attitude (ditto Amber), Look forward to baby #2 joining our family through adoption (although most likely not this year), keep walking, attend my 10 year high school reunion (most likely), try to be a better mom and wife. Visit the park 2-3 times a week, swim, etc.
Friday, March 7, 2008
Just for Amber...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You're already planning Jack's birthday??? Man, I need to get on the ball...
I cant believe he is almost a year! Time truly flys! I love this tag that everyone is doing it is so much fun to see what people were doing way back when!!!
So fun!!! i can't believe you Lived in a funeral home! Thanks for doing the tag.
Post a Comment