WRONG! Where do I start...? An OB Resident "started" our ultrasound. He looked for 30 minutes (all on DVD). The entire time he kept calling the baby a "he." I finally told him (half teasingly) that he was jinxing me and to not call it a "he." Seriously, 20 seconds later I saw "it" but didn't want to believe it. I think he was afraid to tell me so he went to get the tech. I start to feel better as the tech says, "You know, it is really hard still at 17+ weeks to tell if it is a girl...but I am 100% that it is a BOY." Yep, the evidence doesn't lie. Jack is going to have a brother.
Other news: The baby is VERY VERY VERY active. I have been feeling it for a couple weeks now but it has been MUCH strong this week and you can actually see my belly move if you look close enough. The techs kept telling me how hard it was to measure "him" because "he" kept moving ALL over the place. Sorry. But "he" is still measuring large and apparently his legs are REALLY long. Then the Geneticist came in to talk to us (I never has seen her before and it kind of freaked us out for a minute). She told us that the baby has more fluid than normal in "his" kidneys but that it is actually not serious and more common in boys. I will continue ultrasounds every 2-3 weeks with every appointment (not weekly--yeah) to keep an eye on it. Worse case scenario is that when "he" is born that "he" will have a kidney infection and will need antibiotics. I guess "he" got my great kidneys (passed a kidney stone last week).
Friday, October 10, 2008
The VERDICT is in & 70% of Our Poll Takers Were...
Because the kid was all over the place, we never got a picture of "his" face. This is his arm and his fist is clenched. You can really see the radius and ulna bones.
Other news for the day: My wonderful friend watched Jack and was sooo sweet to feed him lunch. I feel so bad because I forgot to tell her that Jack can't have Peanuts until he is 3 because of his allergies. Well, she gave him a PBJ sandwich and he put it in his mouth as we walked in the door. Not 2 minutes later, his entire chin and cheeks swelled and welted. I hurried and called Jeff's Dad and he told us to give him Benedryl and if he looked AT ALL like he was starting to have a hard time breathe--go to the ER or call 911. Well, just as soon as I gave him the med, it started going down and he was running all around. Whew! So...Jack is definitely allergic to Peanuts. No Peanuts for Us!!! My friend felt so bad...I feel so bad for her. Thankfully, it was just fine :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
congrats on the BOY news. He and Jack will be the best of friends!!!
Congrats! Hooray for little Baby James! :) It's always so nice to know what's on its way.
And my cousin-in-law just delivered her little girl with a few extra parts attached that they weren't planning on and they had to scramble and think of a boy name real quick, so ultrasounds can be wrong. But in your case, that seems to be pretty convincing evidence. We're so excited for you!
So no announcement for the name, so I guess you haven't come up with a name yet? How about Georg? And no that's not George missing an e on the end, it's like the dad from The Sound of Music! haha!
YEAH!!! A boy! How fun to have a set of brothers. However, ignore everyone's advice that since you're having another boy you don't need new things. PHOOEY! Live it up - each baby needs new things. I love to shop for baby stuff - can u tell?! :)
AND...as for the peanut allergy - our allergist says that with every reaction will become a little more severe. Always carry benedryl with you wherever you go. The fast melts and/or pre-dispensed are the quickest. Also carrying an epi-pen is not a bad idea. They're expensive, but so important that insurance companies are usually pretty good to cover them. It's a good investment for all involved. Another thing - a simple blood draw called a RAST test can tell you the severity of the allergy based on a scale from 1-6 with the higher the number being more severe. Emma is a 4.5 and always has been.
Congratulations! Glad to hear he is healthy and active!
congratulations!!! i'm so happy for you!! it's great for jack to have a brother!!!
sylwia
Congratulations!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats! I think it will be great to have two little boys who will be the best of friends!
CONGRATULATIONS! I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked at your blog! How amazing and exciting!!!!!! It must be in the water! Good luck with EVERYTHING - let's keep in touch!
My boy comments must have really had an affect... Congrats! I bet Jack will have a lot more fun with a brother ;) What names are you thinking?
Yeah for Boys!!
Congrats! This will be so fun for Jack to have a little brother for a buddy. Just think of all the clothes you already have. How fun. I am excited for you guys.
Yay for the baby boy! As you know, boys are so much fun. We are so excited for you guys. I'm glad everything is going so well.
Hey, sorry to comment with a question, but I was wondering something. Do you still have a copy of the game that we played at your Halloween party a few year ago, it was a list of candy bars and people had to figure out the kind of candy bar that it was using the clues on the piece of paper that you gave us.
I would really like to play this at Alli's birthday party......Let me know. It is on Saturday, so if you don't have it, no problem, I will come up with something else.
Congratulations on the BOY!!! I am so happy that you can feel the baby move all over, it is such an amazing experience to have a little life growing right inside of you isn't it? I'm also glad that Jack was alright after the peanut scare.
Congrats, Alison! You're going to have so much fun with two boys! Jack is going to love it, too.
Post a Comment