We all know the book,"Green Eggs and Ham." It really is the story of my life lately. Just replace the word Sam with SAHM (Stay at home mom). I am SAHM. SAHM I am. The other character is Jack. Jack say, "That SAHM, that SAHM. I do not like that SAHM I am." His eating habits lately come in play next. I say, "Do you like Green Eggs and Ham." Jack says, "I do not like them SAHM I am. I do not like green eggs and ham." Would you like them here or there. Would you eat them ANYWHERE...like on the couch or your firetruck...come on, you can eat it anywhere!" But he won't eat them here or there. He does not like them ANYWHERE! Would you like them in your play house? Would you like them with your stuffed mouse? Would you eat them in a box? Would you eat them with out your socks? Jack says, "No, I will not eat them in my play house or with my mouse. I will not eat them in a box or with out my sock." I will not eat them SAHM! We have tried so many foods...what kid won't drink CHOCOLATE milk?? Mine. What kid won't eat PUDDING?? Mine. What kid won't even eat COOKIES?? Mine. I can't even imagine what the "terrible twos" are going to be like. Oh, the joys of SAHMs. PS: Jack's new favorite word is NO, if you can't tell from the story.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
HA! That's really clever about the SAHM and Jack. I can't wait for that word to enter Tate's vocab =)
That is so cute and funny. You are very creative coming up with a post like that. Luckily Parker has never seemed to have a food problem. In fact, sometimes we have to stop him from eating. These are definitely the joys of being a SAHM but I still wouldn't trade it for anything!
I'm so sorry...I feel your pain! Elise is the same way (and she's 5 now!). What 5 year old doesn't like pop, pizza, pudding, fruit snacks, chocolate milk, most sugar cereals, etc, etc! We have made progress..slowly(not that I want her to eat only the junk). It makes you dread meal times some days. Hang in there! and Good luck!
Oh, the joys :) And the harder you try to get excited about giving them something to eat, the harder they dig their heels in. Yes, even Noah (who was a chunker like his brother as a baby) went through a stage like that (and it's always around the time that your dr. sets up a return weight check appt). Luckily, Noah's stage (of that) was short - hopefully Jack's will be too! Good luck & try not to stress about it too much...at least you have total control over what baby #2 is eating for now! (unless you yack it up that is)
Oooh, that was marvelous. You should write a series of books, 'SAHM books'. It would be a great hit. I wouldn't worry about Jack. Sure, he's supposed to gain weight, but his body will just eat off his chub if it doesn't get food. Once he has NO chub, that's when you have to worry. There's an upside to all this: less food = less poop!! Love ya.
I love that, I can relate. Alli hates things that people say that babies love, like applesauce, fruit, and other things. She usually just throws it at me and I get so frustrated. I think that being a mom is by far the hardest job that I have ever had. Hope you are feeling okay.
Oh, Alison! How funny! Although it's so frustrating too, huh? We have pretty good eaters now, but at times they have both been quite picky and it's SO hard! Good luck!
That is hilarious. And I just wantedx you to know that Jacks isn't the only kid like that mine won't eat any of those thing either.... he also doesn't like hot dogs. CRAZY!
Post a Comment