Our Family

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Taah Daaah!!

Ready...
Aim...
FIRE!!!

This story really starts last week at Red Robin. Jack was throwing a little fit in the booth so Jeff and I started giving him cold water from a straw. He thought it was the greatest thing ever.

Many of you know that I can't get anything done when Jack is awake. He demands my full attention. He wants to be entertained every moment. I quote Stacy, "You play with him too much." And I have found that he likes a challenge. Really, what happened is that I was willing to try anything to get him to stop crying this past week. I can relate to Bella and Jake. I think Jack is teething. He is drooling EVERYWHERE and is very grumpy. He loves to chomp on my finger now, so I figure it is teeth. After his bottle I decided to give him ICE cold water (I put two ice cubes in the cup, which was given by Stacy-bless her soul for them) and at first he wasn't sure about it. Then today, he got the idea. You can really see the steps. 1-2-3. Water goes into his mouth and right out, but he LOVES it! Watch out relief society, Jack has a cup! ( I make the comment about church because I was singled out during the lesson on reverence last Sunday. The teacher said, "Poor Alison. Jack has such a hard time during church"---really I have witnesses, my sister-in-law was there and she couldn't believe it. After living in Iowa with some pretty noisy wards, I thought we would just blend in, in Utah. Boy, was I wrong.)

4 comments:

Bella said...

That's awesome! I just introduced a cup to Jake! He loves it! well...sort of atleast. he is rolling like crazy and just so cute. Jack is getting so big too, I love it! Don't worry I was teaching last Sunday on Reverence and Jon was at the hospital and so I had the three kiddos by myself, plus Shauna's two kids(she was giving a talk in Sacrament) and let's just say I felt sorry for the people behind us. Then I had to teach...yea..that lesson was for me!

M & S Eagar said...

I'm so glad he likes the cups and now he can play by himself.

Heitmann Family said...

Sometimes it is the simplest things that work for kids. He is a cutie!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's so great! I've been trying to get Ashlyn to take one...not likin' it much so far. Hey, can I get your email address, I've got some questions for ya.