First a shout-out: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!!
It has been quite the day. This morning Jack has his four month check up. And guess what he weighed?? 19 pounds and 6 ounces. I wasn't lying when I said he was 20 pounds. He wasn't even on the chart for weight. He sure doesn't look like a four month old. Previously, we were told he couldn't eat any food until one and formula until 2 due to his milk and soy allergies. Thankfully, our wonderful Dr. Memmott gave us a referral to a pediatric allergist. He told us that he definitely can't have rice cereal because most brands include wheat and milk but that we could start pears and sweet potatoes before we visit the specialist (okay, the first one I called couldn't get him in until Jan of 08 so I called the next on and we still have to wait 3 months-ugh). Jack got an excellent bill of health! So, off I ran to Wal-mart to get a high chair, desk plastic for the floor, and baby food-whaahoooo! I was so excited (thinking I would have to wait until he was one) that before I could even set up the high chair I threw (not literally) him into the bath, since it is favorite spot anyways, and gave him his first taste of fruit! You decide if he liked them or not. On thing was for sure, he knew what to do when I brought the spoon close to his mouth. Oh, one other thing. Do you know how hard it is to feed a baby and take pictures at the same time--A doctor's wife has to be strong AND talented!! Cause nobody else is there to do it!
Did I mention Jack had shots, too. I just have to add this because it was so amazing to me. The nurse, who was very young, gave Jack ALL FOUR SHOTS AT ONE TIME. I am not kidding. She held two in one hand and two in the other and then used both thumbs to push in the liquid. Not only that, but she was FAST! I hardly could believe it. If shots can be great, his were! We both cried for a minute but that was about it. I had given him Tylenol before and then planned his bottle for right after. All in all it was a good day (besides the shots themselves and not to mention the AC still isn't working-it won't even come on-oh the memories are flooding back of a little place in Bountiful. I hope Mark and Alicia don't mind visitors in Provo if the AC isn't taken care of soon-just kidding Mark and Alicia).
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
What a Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I was always more excited to get the baby food going than my kids were. I can say Meysa was the only one that didn't spit it right out at first. It takes some getting used too. Real talented picture taking!!!! Love the pics.
Look at you go you little mom! I love the bathtub trick - it's where my kids eat their popsicles in the Winter. The pics are fun...and I'm cracking up about the size 4 diapers. Ellie still wears a size 3. But then again...she is a girl.
I am so glad that Dr. Memmott is working out for you. I love him and his nursing staff. I can not believe your "little" guy and his summo belly. His eyes are so big and GORGEOUS!
Post a Comment