Our Family

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Baby Update...

No pictures, sorry. I figure I will do them at exactly each month, but I am almost 6 months and have gained 14.5 pounds. I have never seen the scale go that high and it is a bit surreal. I am mostly blogging to say that today was the FIRST time anyone has "noticed" I am pregnant...something must have happened overnight because just on Monday all my friends/family were telling me I don't even look pregnant and then today at church I had THREE people ask if I was pregnant and then ask my due date (and all the friends from Monday were like, "What happened?? You look preggo now!") Yeah! I am actually starting to feel pregnant and not just like I ate too much candy at Halloween. The baby (who yes, is still nameless) is very active and I can definitely see/feel his awake cycles about every three hours. He flip-flops and kicks and punches and is very active (eekkk! Is this a sign of what is to come???!!!). Jeff had seen him move but hadn't had the patience to feel it until last night. I grabbed his hand and said, "feel it." Jeff was like, "WHOA!" I was like, "See, I told you so." At first I didn't really like the moving around feeling. It was kind of creepy (I know I am the only woman to say that) but it kind of reassures me now that "he" is still in there and I think I am coming out of the shock & denial stage. I am DEFINITELY feeling better. Gosh, it has been 7 days without throwing-up (that's a record!). And I have only dry heaved a few time. The worst part now is the acid-reflex, bloody noses, and SEVERE congestion (I can hardly breathe!), not to mention that bending over is a bit harder. Alright, well, just one more thing. I found this blog that is SO funny. It is a pregnant lady and her thoughts. It always makes me laugh so if you're preggo--check it out at www.preggot.blogspot.com . Here are some of the questions she asked herself and then answered: What is the most common pregnancy craving? For men to be the ones who get pregnant. Here is another: I'm two months pregnant. When will the baby move? With any luck, right after he finishes college. And I totally relate to this one: How will I know if my vomiting is morning sickness or the flu? If it's the flu, you will get better. You gotta love it!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

That is fun that you are starting to show, that is such a fun time. You are so skinny, so I bet it looks like a basketball. I always wished that I were skinny like that, I just look big when I am pregnant.

Deidra said...

Wow, I totally stumbled upon your blog by accident! I had your old one on my list and was wondering why you hadn't blogged for such a long time. Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Charise said...

Those are hilarious! I wish I could be funny like that - except for the whole pregnant thing. :)