Our Family

Monday, November 24, 2008

Jack is 19 months old...

I am a few days late but I can't believe Jack is 19 months old. He is doing so many new things and getting so much better at some of his old things. He has just about learned to run (eek!) and his walking has improved dramatically. Honestly, I LOVE watching him walk, still! As you can see, he has found some new hiding places...
And thinks it is quite fun to pull the basket out and crawl under the microwave. I took him back last Friday for his weight check and I am VERY proud to say that he has gained 3 pounds in a month. So he is still in the 95-100th for height and head and now up to the 75th for weigh.

The other day, Jack was playing with his ball machine and I didn't notice until later that he had put his maraca down it. Jeff had to take the entire thing apart to get it out. He sure had stuffed the balls and maraca in good (I thought it was funny! But Jeff didn't find it so humorous after 25 minutes of working to get it out).

Jack has a major love for hats and cars lately. I know this hat doesn't match but he loves to wear it. He is also sporting his backpack which is a recent discovery of "how" to put it on his back and carry it.

Here he is walking with his cowboy backpack. Jack and I had our first "real" conversation. I actually felt like I was talking to an adult. We were in the store last week and I had pulled out some frozen blueberry waffles and turned to him and said, "Could you please hold these for me?" He said," Sure!" I said, "Thank you" and he said, "Your welcome!" It was actually really crazy. I started laughing right there. Who knew!

Last but not least, Jack LOVES the vacuum. He says vacuum all the time but it sounds more like "Bac Bam." I know a lot of kids are frightened of the vacuum but he never has been. And now he wants to vacuum ALL THE TIME. I do what I need to do and then pull off the hose and let him vacuum. The vacuum was actually on in this picture and he is vacuuming our hall closet. You can see he LOVES to help out any way. 18 months was really a turning point for me (or I guess him) in going from baby to toddler. He learned to drink from a straw and can feed himself really quite well with a spoon and fork and he takes medicine the "big boy" way now (no more infant syringe, he drinks it from the little cup). I love all the words he says and I think he is feeling less frustrated about his world. Bring on month 19!

5 comments:

Estelle said...

How fun! Jack is becoming such a cute "big" boy... all grown up. I wish you could come up for Thanksgiving, it would be fun to see you and your boys. Your belly is definitely pooching now and you look so cute! If you want, I suggested to the family that we would all vote on the name of the baby... they liked the idea and then you wouldn't have to decide :) Let us know and have a great Thanksgiving!!

M & S Eagar said...

okay so Brady use to shove every toy that would fit down his little ball machine toy. Boys will be boys!!! :)

shelly said...

That's great. I love the conversation. I also love the maraca! That's a great picture =)

Erin said...

We have one of those ball toys too and Bryson is always putting all kinds of random things down inside of it too!

We definitely need to get our boys together again soon. The children's museum would be fun. Bryson would love to go there again. Let me know when works for you and we can get something planned!

Charise said...

My favorite nephew is so incredibly smart. I love your conversation! You should keep us updated on other conversations - that was a classic. And my vote is Jonah for the name. Jonah! JOnah! JoNAH! Hurray!