Our Family

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jeff has to work tomorrow so we had a VERY quiet Thanksgiving. Mark and Alicia were in CA with her family and Jeff's parent's had invited us up to AK but Jeff didn't have enough time to get it off so....I worked for hours last night making "all-the-fixin's" for Thanksgiving.
We had so much food! Turkey, Raspberry Pretzel Salad, Stuffing, Cream cheese/sour cream mashed potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, Stuffing, Cranberry Sauce, Gravy and Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Cider. It was soooo yummy! Jack didn't eat ANY of it. Poor kids just wanted a cheese and peas and hot dogs, and of course Apple Juice. After he tried it, he got his choice :)

But we are thankful for many things this year. I am thankful for Jeff and all his hard work and EXTRA big help at home the last few month. I am thankful for Jack and how he came to be part of our family, and I am thankful for the healthy pregnancy I have had (the baby is BIG and Healthy and VERY Active, as of Terrific Tuesday). I am thankful for our family and for the friends who easily could be. I am thankful we only have 19 months left of residency (not that I am totally wishing it away, I am just thankful to be this far along & am starting to dream about the future a bit more). I am thankful that I know who I am, where I came from and where I am going and that I know Heavenly Father has a plan for me (even if it doesn't seem to quite be what I thought it was going to be). Happy Thanksgiving!!



1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hey....I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and I am so happy that things have turned out so well for you and Jeff. You are such a great couple and deserve the best.