Our Family

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

November is National Adoption Month

I just had to take a few minutes to remember National Adoption Month but as I was thinking back one year ago when Jack legally and eternally became ours. I realized that it is extra special to have had it happen in November (National Adoption Month). It was an emotional first weekend in November for us last year. First, on Friday, November 2nd we finalized Jack's adoption in court. On Saturday, November 3rd, we were sealed together as a forever family in the temple. Lastly, on Sunday, November 4th, we blessed Jack. It was a wonderful weekend that I will NEVER forget. We had many out of town friends and family who were able to attend and witness along with us.
This was outside our church building after Jeff blessed Jack.

This was after our sealing :)


This is a picture of my brother (Uncle Mark) and Jack before we entered the court room.

And of course, Jack's birthday is very special as well. I wish you could have seen Jeff's entire face in the this pictures. He was in awe, just as my mother and I were.
Adoption has truly blessed our lives, the lives of our family, and the lives of many of our close friends. Honestly, remembering these special moments has made me a bit jealous that we don't get to have these special experiences with this next little baby boy who is to join our family. I will forever be an adoption advocate. After coming to terms with our infertility I NEVER felt "left out" of the pregnancy and birth experience (partly due to Jack's WONDERFUL birth mother who let us be such a part of her life during that time). Adoption is a "one-of-a-kind" experience and leads you to have more trust in your Heavenly Father's plan for you. And I just have to say, "Congratulations to our friends who were placed with a baby boy TODAY and to our friends who were just "picked" last week to be placed with a baby girl due in January!" Happy National Adoption Month! To find out more about adoption or national adoption month (and day: November 15th), please visit www.adoption.com and search: national adoption month or click on one of my many adoption website links.




3 comments:

Mark, Holly and Boys said...

Thank you so much for that post! November just snuck up on me & I totally forgot about it being Ntnl Adoption Month! That was such a well put tribute to adoption - Jack's & adoption in general. That is really cool that you got to have your big weekend during November - how appropriate. And thanks for letting us be part of it - both the sealing and the blessing were beautiful. Like we've talked about before, as grateful as I was for being able to experience pregnancy/childbirth - I also thought it was kind of sad to "miss out" on going to the temple with Lincoln. It was such an amazing experience w/ Noah. I truly hope to be blessed with another child through the miracle of adoption, but as we've learned...they'll come into our family as He sees fit :) (sorry for such a long comment!)

Sylwia said...

i love how you feel about adoption. i think you guys are such wonderful parents. just looking at your pictures i can feel it.

if i ever meet a pregnant girl who is looking for a family to adopt out to, i will send her to you!

anne said...

Wow, the past year went by so quickly! I loved seeing those pictures and reading about National Adoption Month! I'm grateful for being apart of such a wonderful family. Thanks for allowing me to come experience the sealing and blessing. I too will never forget that entire weekend. I love your adorable family!