Yes, you don't usually see those together but I am sooo sick and so thankful. I ran 104 degree fever for hours and nothing would bring it down. I have been so grateful to Jeff for taking care of me and Jack. Jack and I both had the flu shot but I heard 75% didn't work. So, I think I can safely say, we have the dreaded INFLUENZA!!
If you attended Ricks College at all, you remember getting the "Q" on your apartment door and being Quarantined for "bad" behavior for a week (no visitors). I think I am going to print off a large Q and place it on our door along with a sign that says "Beware: Enter at Your Own Risk."
Just a few weeks ago we all got the horrid stomach flu. But, as my mother always says, "It could be worse." She is right. It could be worse. We have been really blessed. I am also blessed that Jeff really never gets sick. He can't remember the last time he had a fever or even took an antibiotic. I think I make up for him. Thank goodness for Nurse Jeffrey, er...um....Doctor Jeffrey.
I also wanted to post the poem he gave me a couple weeks ago. He really has a way with words.
Forever Yours
Yours for strength whenever you fear,
Yours for comfort, to dry your tears,
I promise now, as I've done before,
To give you my all and even more.
Through thick and thin, through ice and fire,
I'll be the man that you desire,
Helpful, loving, courteous, kind
Your well-being I'll keep in mind.
Forever is not until death,
It's not until my dying breath,
It means that for eternity,
FOREVER YOURS is what I'll be.
Thank-You, Jeff for taking such good care of us!!
Friday, February 29, 2008
Sick & Thankful
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wowee Jeff!!! I had no idea he was so talented with words. That is an excellent poem.
I am so impressed with you too Alison for seeing the silver lining in your sickness.
Also, my beautiful sister-in-law who is very musically talented as well is up nights wondering how she can get David to marry her, so keep her in mind if there is anyway to hook a sister up. :)
And one more thing, let me know how Jack enjoys his Jack CD.
I'm so sorry you've been sick! You never remember how crappy it is until you get sick again. Hope your household is flu-free soon!!!
Post a Comment