Our Family

Friday, August 29, 2008

A bit of a scare but everything is okay...

On Tuesday I ended my medication that helped me "hold" the pregnancy because of severe nausea and headaches. It was only about 5 days earlier than planned but Wed. I started to spot just a little. I was feeling REALLY good yesterday and probably out-did myself. This morning I woke up and was bleeding quite a bit more that I ever had with an extreme migraine. I called the doctor and I went in to be checked. The baby is just fine and is actually big (almost a whole week bigger). They were a bit concerned I may have had bleeding in the uterus but they think most likely it is the placenta (which I guess is normal-ish). These are the clearest pictures I could get with my camera. It still looks like an alien. The doctors told me I need to take is a bit easier, resting much more during the day and they restricted a few "activities" until the spotting/bleeding has been stopped for at least a week. I guess this means I am back to every week appointments (this was my first skipped Tuesday appt. at my own choice).
You can see the big head on the right with the hands in the middle (one close to the head) and the two feet and the end (left). I actually think it is kind of creepy looking but hopefully family will enjoy seeing it.

8 comments:

Erin said...

Maybe we'd better hold off on getting together for a while so you don't overdo yourself again. I would hate to be the cause of something scary happening to your sweet little baby.

I am seriously so excited for you!

Mark, Holly and Boys said...

I'm so glad things are ok...and I think it's so wonderful that we have ultrasounds now - a tiny bit alien-like still or not, I think it's still beautiful :)

jessica said...

Your alien is so beautiful! Take it easy...

Becky said...

I'm sure that was really scary, but glad that everything is alright. The first time I was pregnant the ultra sounds looks completely foreign, but after having so many ultra sounds with Hazel I started to be able to recognize everything almost as well as the ultrasound techs. I could tell from the first picture exactly what I was looking at on your blog. So exciting!!!

Clark Family said...

How precious!

Summer said...

I am so glad everything is okay!! We've been thinking of you guys!

Charise said...

I should read the titles of posts before I read the posts. Knowing 'everything is okay' would have been good before my heart starting beating all fast as I read the post, worried and then relieved. Phew! I am mucho glad that things are okay, but so bummed that you have been so sick! I absolutely hate the nauseus feeling. Poor Alisony-poo. That's your new nickname, by the way.

Charise said...

The little Alien can be named Taylor, but jacktaylor.com is already taken. I could do jack and taylor or jack taylor clothing or. . . we'll be creative. Some other suggestions for names are: Jebediah (nicknamed 'Diah') or Brother of Jack or Mufasa.