Our Family

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Uh-Oh

I literally busted out laughing when I checked on Jack and he had pulled his quilt down and had his feet in the air. Maybe it was funnier if you were there but Jeff and I got a good laugh...then worried his feet were stuck, but they weren't.
Honestly, changes happen every day. Yesterday, he started saying "Uh-oh" and he knows what it means...or at least is figuring it out. He purposely throws something down and then says, "Uh-oh!" And today, he learned how to climb up onto the recliner and sofa (I blame Jeff. Jack has been "trying" for days and I have been reluctant to just let him but while I was gone, Jeff let him do it and he did it over and over with a HUGE smile).
Jack has seemed interested in coloring so today I bought him "fat" crayons and while I had my back turned, he ATE the blue one. His entire tongue and teeth were all blue! I guess we better hold off for a bit longer. And to think I was just worried about crayons being washable...ha, I should have been looking for edible. And yes, that is blue crayon on his nose, too.
Also, Jack has started making the sound of a tractor. In one of his books it says, "VROOOM". And now every time he see a tractor he says, "VROOM!" It is dang cute.
PS: Yes, I am starting to feel better (hence more postings).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post made me laugh mucho! I loved your comment about needing to find edible crayons. Jack is so crazy cute!

Charise

Erin said...

I get a kick out of the way Bryson sleeps too! They are all over their cribs! Crazy. We need to get Jack and Bryson together to play again. They are doing all of the same things.

Mark, Holly and Boys said...

That sleeping picture is so funny, and I love that you grabbed your camera to get a picture of it! Also, I'm glad that you've been feeling better lately. I'll be looking forward to reading your update on #2 this Tuesday :)

amelia and jason said...

Alison-

I have just been reading your blog--wow! I am so excited for you guys! Jack is so cute and he will be such a great big brother!

Amelia (Jason's wife)

Mick and Tiff said...

Blue crayon. NOthing tastes better. I caught Addy just before the chomp on Sunday. I do love the cute little sleeper.