Our Family

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Jack

Today, Jack had his first "professional" haircut. He was such a big boy! He was sooooo good, too. But from now on, I think I will do it myself (I think I do a better job getting it even).
Doesn't he look so old?
This morning Jack climbed up on top of the couch and was reading a book. Then I asked him (for the 1st time) where is your nose? And he POINTED TO IT. He knew his nose, hair, and ears...we are going to work on eyes and mouth. At least now I feel like I haven't completely failed him the last few weeks being sooooo sick (I spoke too soon last post).
I new no-no is after he crawls on the couch, he crawls up on my red end tables. No-no! When I take him down on the ground he freaks out. He really is a toddler now. It is crazy how things can change in just a few days.
Jack loves PB & J (actually, soy butter & J). This picture is actually a few weeks old, but still cute.
PS: I would like to clear up any rumors that got started in my home town (or any where else for that matter). Apparently, it is more believable that MY MOTHER is pregnant instead of me!! For the record, My Mother Is NOT Pregnant!!! But I Am The One Pregnant!! Honestly, I think it is quite hilarious!


4 comments:

Becky said...

Jack is so BIG, I cannot believe how just a hair cut can make him grow up so much. Welcome to the toddler years, fun and very challenging. And that thing about your Mom being pregnant is hysterical, I actually laughted right out loud.

Charise said...

Why can't you both be pregnant? That's my vote! That's very impressive that he was so good about a haircut - I was in a salon a while ago when a little boy was supposed to be getting his haircut - he was FREAKING out, poor thing. Jack is SO mature - especially since he knows where his nose his. I've been thinking about a boys line of clothes called 'Jeff and Jack'. What do you think? If you have another boy you could name it something that also goes really well with the name Jack, and that can be the name of the clothes line! So fun.

Charise

The Nielsen Family said...

It's amazing how a haircut ages your child. Every haircut is a bittersweet thing for me. He is indeed looking so grown up. I was excited to read about your Home Improvements. I love that paint color, and I love seeing your decor it shows so much of you. I am also excited to see that you are just about at the end of the first trimester. That is such a relief in so many ways!!

Peter and Brittany Merrill said...

CUTE Haircut JACK!!!
So much fun I would love to have a boy it would be nice to just comb it in the mornings...deep thought of the day!
Hee Hee Hee tell your mom congrats!