Our Family

Friday, August 15, 2008

Tomato Soup & Mint Truffles

I get to see my doctor ( & the baby :)) every Tuesday. This past Tuesday my doctor asked me how I was feeling and I told him I was pretty nauseous from the time I wake up till about noon. Because of my risk he didn't want me to have any medication (and I wasn't asking for any). The ultrasound he used wasn't even close to as good as the week before but he could see the baby and heartbeat and was 100% everything was great, but I couldn't see it so he took me, by the hand, and led me down the hospital to the "good" ultrasound machine. He said, "You haven't even had your own and I want YOU to know this baby is okay." So I got another great look at Baby who grew 10 days bigger in only a week. That was great news. Then Thursday 4:30 am came. I started throwing up and couldn't stop. I couldn't even keep three sips of water down. I called the doctor and they rushed me some medication to stop the vomiting (which still took too long to stop it, in my opinion). They were worried about me getting dehydrated and my electrolytes getting messed up. I have to say it was the first time this year I actually HOPED I had the stomach flu. Then I got a 101 degree fever. It only lasted a few hours but "thankfully" it was just the flu and not the pregnancy (THIS WAS MY 4th TIME WITH THE STOMACH FLU SINCE JANUARY!!! NOT TO MENTION I HAVE HAD THE RESPIRATORY FLU TWICE, AS WELL). The doctor told me the next couple days are NOT about nutrition. He wants me to eat anything that sounds good and I can have all the Slurpee's I want. So, besides the two large KFC mashed potatoes, tomato soup and mint truffles have been delicious. I also want to say, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to my two good friends who watched Jack so I could vomit in peace and who got my medicine and to Jeff for taking good care of both of us. I feel soooo sorry for the women who are that sick for weeks and months while they are pregnant. I'll stop complaining about my nausea and headaches. And trust me, you didn't want pictures of this post.

3 comments:

M & S Eagar said...

Okay - I must admit that I'm happy to hear you did indeed have the stomach flu. Hopefully you feel better now. Hang in there.

lindsey said...

Hopefully you feel better soon!

THE BEAN FAMILY : aaron,candace,ashlyn,alysse, and macey said...

CONGRATS!!!! I am so happy for you, and it is great to hear that everything is looking good! We could not be happier for you guys! You will have to let us know what you are having when you find out!