A little over a month ago, our family received Exciting, SHOCKING news...I'm pregnant!!! Some of you may know "our story" but I would like to share a little about it. About a year and a half after we were married, we were diagnosed with "Unexplained Infertility." After using stong fertility drugs we lost four babies (once with twins). Then we were also diagnosed with "Unexplained Recurrent Miscarriages." We flew from Iowa to Salt Lake City to see a Maternal/Fetal Specialist who specialized in Recurrent Miscarriage. He was hopeful that if we were ever to conceive again that he could help us. We decided to advance our medical treatment with Artificial Insemination and Invitro Fertilization which never produced a pregnancy. At that point we REALLY wanted to be parents so we applied with LDS Family Services to adopt. We waited almost two years for our adorable Jack. On his first birthday (and the soonest we could apply again), knowing the wait can be long, we decided to go ahead and start the process to adopt again. We were approved the beginning of May. We have decided to place our adoption profile on hold for a little while. Here are more of the exciting details. The day I found out I was pregnant, I hadn't been feeling very well and was thinking I really needed to find a new OBGNY here in Utah. I was about 5 days late and while I was doing grocery shopping at Walmart I had the thought to "just take a test. It will put your mind at ease." Not that I thought I was. So I grabbed the cheapest test, came home and took it. It immediately showed "PREGNANT." I called Jeff, he came home. He just kept saying, "No way! No way!" I sent him to buy two more expensive tests. I took three test that night and they all said the same thing!
The next morning I called the same Maternal/Fetal Specialist we had seen 4 years ago and he immediately started me on medication. I am almost 9 weeks along and so far everything is going great. Our doctors says, "We aren't out of the woods, yet." I am monitored weekly and currently my chances of miscarriage are about 4%. I feel pretty gross from 7am-12pm but I am doing well. I feel like I have grown a TON this week...and no, I am not sticking it out. That is just me :) We felt it was time to share our excitement with everyone. We will continue to give weekly updates. The baby is due the middle of March.
If you know me at all, you know I like a clean house. The past couple weeks, Jack has had his reign and Jeff has been SOOO wonderful and helpful (foot rubs, house cleaning, cooking...it's amazing). I thank him for all his help :) So, there you have it. We were SHOCKED to find out about this baby, but we are very excited!!
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Exciting SHOCKING News...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
31 comments:
Yeah Yeah Yeah again! Miracles still happen. Thanks so much for calling us - it meant a lot! I hope you keep feeling icky because it's a good sign. We couldn't be more excited for you guys!
congratulations!!!! i am so happy for you!! i will pray that all will go well!! feeling ill is actually a good sign that the baby is here to stay..
sylwia
Excitement is all around! Such an inspiring thing. That's so great that Jeff is able to help so much! It looks like I'll be staying at Scott and Estelle's for my Christmas break and so if there's anything I can help you with. . . Also, I am thinking you and Estelle and I should start designing a children's line of clothes. So fun!!
Love,
Charise
Congrats! I am so sorry that you are sick though. I was thinking of you so much today and I come home to read this. I just feel like crying. I hope it goes well. We certainly send you our prayers. We love to see your adorable little boy.
Oh my gosh, I'm sitting here with a HUGE smile on my face and tears running down my cheeks because I know what a miracle this is for you!! CONGRATULATIONS! I honestly couldn't be more excited for you. Yay, yay, yay! Oh my gosh, yay! I hope all goes well and I will be anxious for all the updates. Take care! Aren't miracles just awesome?!
congratulations! we are so excited for your family!
Oh Alison! I'm shedding tears for you right now! How wonderful! What a miracle and a great blessing! I hope and pray all continues to go well. The Lord brings us our miracles one at a time in His own time and way. I'm happy to see He is blessing you with another miracle! Congratulations!
I am so excited for you! We'll keep you in our prayers that everything will go okay!!! Congratulations!!!!And tell Jeff, good job Hubby!!!
WooHoo!! What an amazing miracle and blessing. I am so excited for you. There really is nothing like being pregnant and carrying a child (I am even saying this 9+ months pregnant and hoping to have this baby any day now). Oh I hope for the best and can't wait to see you get bigger and bigger!! Really Congrats Jeff and Alison!!!
What WONDERFUL news. Congratulations. All the best, you are such an amazing mommy! I am so happy for you guys.
Alison,
Hey from San Antonio. Every time I get news from you I cry. So just stop it already! :) I rarely cry--your story and who you are just cause me to weep. May the Lord bless and guide you during this amazing time.
Hi! I'm Jeff's cousin, Melanie (Bruce's daughter). I don't think I ever have had a chance to meet you, but my parents did. I have been following your story. My husband and I also have had fertility struggles - we finally had our little boy just before our 10th anniversary. He is 3 now, and we are doing the fertility thing again right now.
I just wanted to say congratulations, and we are really hoping for great things for you guys. You deserve it. And Jack is darling - what a blessing. Good luck with everything!
WOW!! How exciting! I'm so happy for you both and we'll be praying hard that things will continue to go well for you. (Hope you start feeling better soon!) The two will be spaced out really well from each other. Great timing!
Holy freakin' cow!!! That is SO AWESOME!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! What a miracle and blessing for you guys! Hopefully everything goes well and you have a healthy pregnancy and baby. We'll be praying for you! Once you get over feeling yucky we'll have to plan another playdate!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
I am so happy for you! Feeling so sick is no fun. I was soooooo sick with both girls. But the end result is so amazing that it's worth every second of nausea.
Take care and thanks for sharing your wonderful news!
Oh my gosh!!!! Oh my gosh!!!!! Oh my gosh!!!! The shocker of a lifetime!!! I am so extremely estatic for you!!!! What a Huge blessing you are out where that doctor is. We are so excited and will keep you in our prayers!!
Wahoo! :) So fun to make such an exciting announcement public 'eh? (even though I know it's a bit scary for ya') Congrats again...and I promise not to hope that down the road one of the docs/techs spill the beans about the sex of the baby. I hope this pregnancy/birth goes just as you'd picture it to (as much as it can anyway) - you've waited a long time. And Jack will be such a cute big brother!
WHAAAAAAT???!!! NO WAAAAAAY! Holy cow, Alison, that is the BEST news ever! After I saw your email, I thought you were going to say that you were adopting again, so I was totally taken by surprise. That is amazing, and I cannot wait to see this new little baby. You will be in my prayers, but I know it's all going to work out great! Man, now I want to see you even more. We should get together!
Oh my gosh Allison! That is wonderful. Congratulations!!
Congrats! I, like Karen, was expecting the blog to say that you were adopting. You and the little dude or dudette are totally in our prayers now, too. =)
Congratulations you guys! We are so happy for you! We will keep you in our prayers.
I am so excited for you guys! That is so wonderful! Good luck with everything!
-Natalie
Contulations! It's a wonderful feeling - sickness and all. Enjoy every minute of it.
We are excited to hear more.
Megan
Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! That is so exciting. Good luck with all the sickness....
You guys, congratulations! That is such crazy and wonderful news! We are so happy for you and will keep you in our prayers. Just keep in mind that it's good that you are sick! Yay!!!
CONGRATS!!! Words cannot explain how excited I am for you guys! Know you are in my thoughts and prayers always. Lylas, anne
WOW!!!!!! WOW! WOW! WOW! What a testimony builder that baby Jack really is meant for your family (even though everyone who knows you can already see that) and that Heavenly Father really is in control and He really does know what is best for his children :) Love you guys and I am SO HAPPY for you! PS you are going to be one cute pregnant mama!;) CONGRATS!
WOWZERS! congratulations you guys-that is SO exciting!
Congratulations!!! we ARE so excited for you guys and will keep you guys in our prayers as well as everyone else!
Way to go Jeff for being such a great help!
Wow, congratulations, that is totally amazing. I will keep checking your blog for updates. That is exciting, you guys are such great parents to Jack. Good luck and I hope that you start to feel better.
Post a Comment