Many of you know that Jack suffered the first few months with severe symptoms from his Milk and Soy Allergy. Then he developed skin rashes from solid foods in the last month. After waiting three months to get into the Allergist/Immunologist, we found out great news. While Jack's chances of having a life-threatening allergy were much higher, the doctors wanted to check some high risk allergens. After three hours at the doctor, everything looks great. He had a couple mild reactions, but nothing life-threatening, to which we are so grateful! The doctor actually thinks Jack has already grown out of the milk allergy and that we can give him milk at the age of one (WAHOO-considering we thought he was going to have to stay on formula until two). He is still very sensitive to foods so we have to wait at least 3 weeks between each new food we give him or not give him any at all until 10-12 months old. Here is the best part: There is new testing (since I had it done a little over a year ago) and Jack didn't even cry when they were doing it. They did it to me first, and I could hardly feel it. He was a perfect baby and everyone "ohh-ed and ahh-ed"over him. He turned on the charm, too. We got to walk around as we waited, so everyone saw a cute baby with only a diaper and socks on with pen marks and pricks all over his back. Needless to ask, he got a lot of attention for his bravery.
We are so thankful that he (and us) won't have to worry so much about food allergies. He will be re-tested in a year to make certain. Until then, BRING ON THE FOOD!!! Maybe even rice cereal if Dr. Memmott says so next week! We are thankful for all the prayers in his behalf.
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Allergy Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yeah for Jack. I am glad that he doesn't have to live on milk alone. It does nothing for the figure (we are going for rolls on rolls right!!). It must be such a relief for you and Jeff. Oh, happy day!!
Alison I am so GLAD to hear your good news. I too would love to see chubby Jack stripped down to his diaper in real life. What a little champ you guys have.
the haunting has been really fun! Unfortunately we don't really see the "ghosts" because everyone lives so far away in our ward. I only hope the haunting is still spreading. We drove to 3 different areas of the ward to get it started. We sure had fun though. Let me paint the picture for you - me balancing Ellie on my hip running while Emma and Brady try to keep up and not trip in the dark. It was fun and brought back memories of when it was with you and we were running while holding Brady. Oh how time flies.
That is great news, Alison! I'm sure you guys were so relieved. I know allergies can be so tough to deal with. And I just have to say that I adore all of your pictures of Jack! He is such a happy guy it seems and is always looking smashing for his pictures. Too cute!
I didn't know about his allergies! That stinks! Poor little guy. I'm glad that there were no life-threatening allergies!
Karin
Post a Comment