22 pounds!!! 29 INCHES LONG!!! He's over 2 1/2 feet tall! And is over the percentile for both height and weight (again) and his head is catching up. It has always been in the 75th but now is in the 90th. A BIG BABY! When the nurse looked at his height and weight she looked up at me and said, "Um, how tall are you? How tall is your husband?" Then I told her that Jack was adopted (again) and she said, "oh, I guess they were big." I said no. Then the doctor asked me again about how big his birth parents were and I told him. He said, "I still think he is going to be big."
Yesterday, Jack turned six months old. The day before we went and had his professional pictures done. And if you think the first two batches were good....these were incredible!!! I LOVE our photographer, Tiffany. She is soooo great! I will post them next week when I get them via email.
Jack also had his six month check-up and it was...enlightening. We get to feed him rice cereal-yummy. He is very coordinated with his hands. He has a few things we need to work on and more specialist to see but be prepared to see jack wearing eye patches in the near future. I am sure you have noticed his lazy/cross eye in pictures (actually, it is both of them) so we are to see a pediatric eye specialist ASAP so it doesn't cause permenate damage. He will most likely have to have patches over his eyes for a while. Our pediatrician, Dr. Memmott is awesome! He is really great to address all of our concerns. Jack also started meds for acid reflex. We are hoping it will dramatically improve how he is feeling.
Anyways, it was good to express our concerns and to have a plan for some of these things. Jack hasn't been sick yet (knock on wood) but he has had a few others ailments that have sent him to various specialists. We sure do love him! And want to do anything to make him better :) I am sure this is typical the first few years.
Last week started our "Marathon" and we are "running" the next two weeks with lots going on. Our count down has started for Jack's finalization on Friday, November 2nd, Sealing on Saturday, November 3rd, and Blessing on Sunday, November 4th. I will post pictures as soon and as often as I can the next few weeks.
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Jack is SIX months old!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
wow, you DO have a lot going on, good luck! He is such a cute baby, I'm so glad everything has worked out for you. And yes, every baby comes with some issues the first few years, atleast ours have. Hey, I have a question about Utah, but I guess I lost your email address. If you have mine can you email me, thanks!
The pediatrician put Brady on some form of Zantac for his acid reflux and it seemed to help a lot. And, as much as I doubted it would ever get better, it miraculously disappeared right around his 1st Birthday (they said this would happen, but I didn't really believe it). Anyway, good luck with your "marathon."
Glad to hear he is doing so great. I can't wait to see his six month photos. I'm sure they are just darling because how could they not be with him in them?!
What a big boy!! He is just barely under Carter at his 9 month appointment and Carter is in the high percentiles. I am so happy to hear that you love Dr. Memmott as well. He is fantastic and the sweetest man!
Happy 1/2 birthday, Jack! I sure wish I could wish him that in person.
Karin :)
Post a Comment