Our Family

Sunday, October 7, 2007

New Personality



Sorry about all the writing.

We have a new personality in our home. Jack has found his voice. I mean, the screaming one. The "I disagree with what is happening, one." Let me back up for a minute, first. Jack LOVES music. I think I have mentioned that I can easily lose my voice from singing to him all day. Two Sundays ago, in Sacrament meeting each time the congregation sang a song Jack got excited. When it would end, he would BURST into tears and we would have take him out until he calmed down. It happened each time we sang. Last Sunday, same thing. I was kinda relieved about Conference this weekend thinking Jack would have a break and forget this music obsession. I was wrong. We turned on the TV to watch conference and what is always first? Of course, it is the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. When the Mo-Tab stopped singing, guess what happened? That is right. Jack burst into tears. Jeff and I were starting to think we were crazy and just imagining this response so we did an experiment. A couple weeks ago (about the same time all this started) I bought the Children's Hymns CD in Spanish for Jack. Jeff and I played it and when the first song stopped and paused while it goes to the next track, Jack burst into tears. This happened every 2 minutes as it continued though the CD. Finally, we couldn't take it any more. We turned it off for good and decided to go on a walk. Jeff took Jack out the door only to turn around and come back in when he forgot something. Jack completely objected to that and started to scream until Jeff walked back outside. Then in the bath tub if I take the cup out of his hands, again, he BURST into tears. So, we are starting to realize when Jack disagrees with us. Please tell me this doesn't happen the next 18 years.

5 comments:

Mick and Tiff said...

Alison,
That is really funny. Addy definately has the "I need to get my way all the time" attitude. We finally got our blog up and running so you can check it out at mjsimmonsfamily.blogspot.com if you want.
Tiffany

Heitmann Family said...

Unfortunately it does happen for the next few years at least, it just changes a little with each passing stage of development. Have Fun!!!

M & S Eagar said...

he he he!!! I understand sista.

Anonymous said...

Wow, he's a strong personality! that's crazy about the music, my boys always tell me to stop singing, ha! good luck with him, he's such a cutie1

Alison said...

I don't usually "blog-back" but these comments had me bustin' a gut! I guess I am not the only one with a child who knows what he wants!