Our Family

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Flash Backs...

This weekend has filled my mind with flash backs of my life. Friday night (late) Jeff's sister, Becca came to visit from BYU-I. She just started her Freshman year. She came down with two cousins and a guy-friend. They all had other places to stay but, all of them ended up staying here. It was fun staying up late listening to their stories, laughing, talking, and of course: remembering my own Freshman year. Wasn't it fun?

Then, as if to take it just a little bit further back, as I ran to the grocery store to get things to make breakfast for all of them, my high school graduation song came on the radio (I think it was EVERY high school graduation song in 1998) " I Hope You Had the Time of Your Life" by Greenday. A flood of memories.

If that wasn't enough, I logged onto my friend's blog, only to find that she has started preparing for her 10 year high school reunion, and it hit me: THIS IS MY TEN YEAR REUNION, TOO. I quickly typed her a note telling her I was so proud she was already planning and that I hadn't even decided if I was going to my ten year reunion, let alone was helping to plan it.

And as I looked back, I realized, I did have the time of my life. It was great. Freshman year was REALLY great, but I wouldn't want to go back because my life is SOOO much better now with Jeff and Jack in it!

3 comments:

Dan and Amanda Arrhenius said...

Aghhh I love taking trips down memory lane. Jack is still so handsome and I think getting cuter every day! HOw that is possible? I do not know, but how fun! Hope you guys are having a great conference weekend there in Utah!
Amanda

Heitmann Family said...

I know the feeling. This summer my liitle brother (the last kid in our family) graduated from High School. It has been ten years for me and sitting there watching him walk across the stage was surreal. The band played all the songs that I danced to with cheerleading, and I found I could remember most of the moves, I know pretty pathetic. I too wouldn't go back, not if you paid me. I had a great freshman and sophmore year in college but still wouldn't trade it for my kids or husband.

kdance said...

I feel the same. High School wasn't that amazing for me, but I absolutely loved college. Even so, with all the nostalgia, I wouldn't go back. I love my guys! Being a mom is amazing. Life moves so fast.
Karin